This module will introduce strategies for locating books, articles and other types of resources. It describes the importance of:
- selecting appropriate databases or other resources
- constructing effective search statements
- evaluating search results and improving your search strategy
- locating materials (books, articles, etc.) found in the catalogue or periodical indexes
- using other search strategies such as shelf browsing or following citation trails
Before starting this module it is recommended that you have a working thesis statement (see the Choosing a Topic module) and understand the full range of resources available for your research (see the Books, Journals & More module).